Hi Cheri,

Well, that's a surprise about matches for me and not my parents, but sure makes sense.

About the "new" matches, here is what I noticed and you can explain it any way you want.
Starting from about last summer, I always made it a point to check in once or more each month and every match to me was then assigned a "distant cousin" connection or closer if I could figure it out.

Then this week I log in and found maybe 5 or so new connections and most were dated at least a year ago. They just never appeared as my connections until now.

I know it sounds strange, but am willing to bet some others are getting this, too. They might not be paying attention to it, but it happened probably to many. Same thing happened for my father's connections.

Doug da Rocha Holmes
Sacramento, California
Pico & Terceira Genealogist
916-550-1618
www.dholmes.com


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Family Finder matches
From: Cheri Mello <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, March 26, 2014 10:36 pm
To: Azores Genealogy <[email protected]>

Doug,

That change was made quite a while ago (last summer maybe?)  Anyways, at the time they changed the algorithm, I made a post.  Nothing else has changed.

Yes, you can match someone your parent doesn't match.  If your dad had 2 small slivers below the threshold but they both get passed onto you and land adjacent to each other, it now looks like a larger block and it will be reported in your DNA results. They do have an FAQ on that. 

Cheri Mello

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to