Cheri I cannot find a definitive death for Manuel. I've found several but 
unsure if I have the right one. Plus now there's a possibility he changed 
his name to John before his death too. Would it help if I get my 
grandfather Lawrence's death certificate first? Maybe that will have clues. 
Thanks!

On Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:03:46 AM UTC-5, Cheri Mello wrote:
>
> All of the experienced researchers here can find a few Manuel Farias, 
> about 16-17 years old, coming to America around 1893 or 1894.  I can take a 
> jigsaw puzzle piece and jam it together to make it fit.  Doesn't make it 
> right.
>
> Sam, you've GOT TO start with your ancestor's death and work backwards.  
> Get his death certificate.  From that you'll get a lead on the cemetery.  
> You may be able to locate an obituary as well.  For all you know, the 
> obituary says your ancestor is survived by his sister, Rosa de Jesus 
> Silveira, of Fazenda, Flores.  Start with the last thing your ancestor did 
> that generated paperwork - his death.  
>
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das 
> Tainhas, Achada 
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to