Here are a few links from Faial that fall within Manuel's birth date of 1976/7, the marriage certificate would help to clarify the parents name.

http://www.ghp.ics.uminho.pt/geneweb/gwd.exe?b=Almoxarife;lang=pt;i=6315;oc=265
http://www.ghp.ics.uminho.pt/geneweb/gwd.exe?b=capelo;lang=pt;i=9459;oc=491
http://www.ghp.ics.uminho.pt/geneweb/gwd.exe?b=PraiaNorte;lang=pt;i=1427;oc=29

On 4/9/2014 3:11 PM, Pam Santos wrote:
Manuel Pera Faria
Gender:         Male
Birth Date:     4 Sep 1869
Birth Place:    Other Country
Death Date:     29 Nov 1943
Death Place:    Contra Costa

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Pam Santos <pamsanto...@gmail.com <mailto:pamsanto...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    he also could of come to California via Hawaii

    On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Manuel Martins