Hello Mary,

I've been there two months ago, everything just like Antonio wrote, except
I got one computer free :-)  I even payed in advance and made the list of
files at home and they send it to my email, "no sweat"!

I can only add that they don't let us see the books anymore. Last time I
had the books in my hands was 2012! Unless you want to see other than the
Parochial Records, those I don't know! "Cartão de Leitor" is only when you
want to take books home "rented"

Cheers


On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 11:29 PM, Antonio Roque <[email protected]
> wrote:

> No need for a Cartão do Leitor. I was there last year and they have 2
> computers available. I went one day and both were occupied so I waited
> awhile and then gave up to return in the afternoon and use one of the
> computers. Regular copies were less than an euro the person doing the
> copy even gave me two free copies because they had no change but next day I
> wanted to pay and she said no. Another time they emailed me the records I
> wanted, very helpful people.
>
>
> On Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:02:50 PM UTC-4, Mary MK wrote:
>>
>> I am looking for tips for visiting the arquivo in Ponta Delgada. I'll be
>> there next month and want to spend at least a day doing research. Will I
>> need a Cartão de Leitor? What is the best way to get help looking for
>> baptisms, etc. I speak some Portuguese (Brazilian), which helps with
>> reading at least.
>>
>> I want to get a certified copy of my father's baptism, if possible. It
>> that difficult? He was born in Ponta Garça, and I have a copy of the
>> microfilm record.
>>
>> I appreciate any tips or cautionary tales. Thanks!
>>
>> Mary Kent
>>
>>
>>  --
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the
> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my
> membership."
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>



-- 
Ricardo Chaves

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to