From: nancy jean baptiste
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2014 9:14 AM
To: azores group
Subject: RE: [AZORES-Genealogy] Help with Rosais, Sao Jorge Baptism

Hi Rosemarie,

I know exactly what you mean with the frustration regarding good paper trails
and can't find the connection! Especially frustrating on the 2nd to 3rd cousin
ones! I see clues in the gedcoms but nothing definitive....in truth I think
it's right in front of my eyes but I just don't know it due to our ancestral
habit of adopting whatever name they may fancy at the time. I never knew my
ggrandfather, Manuel Furtado Cardoso used any other name until looking at the
baptisms of his children on CCA and discovering that on one of them he used his
fathers name of Silva.....which 2 of his brothers used in the states although
he never did. So many of my matches list surnames that match mine....especially
Cardoso, Silva, Gracia, Andrade, Castro and on and on......I see the Veira name
which is one of the names my brick wall grandfather, Jose Enos used....along
with 3 other surnames he used!

My biggest regret with this DNA stuff is that I tested my own MTDNA instead of
my mothers......at the time I tested there wasn't any Family Finder and I never
thought I'd need moms......alas, now it's too late and I can see it would have
been a wealth of knowledge......it also would have proven or disproven what
I've come to suspect, that my mom and dad may have been distant cousins without
knowing it! There are so many shades of grey that would be cleared up by
that....at least I think they would. If they only had NO interisland connection
I could eliminate better...but all of mom's people were from Sao Jorge EXCEPT
her paternal grandmother who was from Pico and we think was a Gracia.....so
that gives her a potential Pico connection....all of dads people were from Pico
and Santa Maria EXCEPT his paternal grandfather who was from Sao Jorge! Oh
dear.......

Well, I'll never suffer from boredom since they'll always be another mystery to
search.

Also, I see you are the contact for Kenneth Silva who shows up as 4th-remote on
my Uncle John Baptiste.....but not on me.....yet you show up on me as 5th
-remote but not to Uncle John.....

Best to you my cousin!

Nancy Jean