I would like some help with three baptisms that I have from Nossa Senhora 
da Luz as follows:
 
 
#1
Anna - bottom of right page and top left of next page (images 
#66/67 1811-1826)
daughter of Manuel Antonio Hortins and Maria Josefa born ??? 1816 
Maternos - incognito??? 
Pateros  Antonion Jose Souza and Josefa Maria ???
There are several other names after this and I can see paterna/maternas 
again
Are the grandparents correct as above or am I reading this completely 
wrong?? (more than likely, I am!)
 
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/GRA-SC-LUZ-B-1811-1826/GRA-SC-LUZ-B-1811-1826_item1/P66.html
 (1st page)
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/GRA-SC-LUZ-B-1811-1826/GRA-SC-LUZ-B-1811-1826_item1/P67.html
 (second half of document)
 
#2 Anna  - middle or right page ((image#149 1767-1796) year of birth is 1788
daughter of Domingos Jose Bettencourt and Maria Atha/na??? y m?????? ( I 
cannot read this, my eyes just cannot make out what it says) 
 
As you can see, I need help with Maria's name.
 
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/GRA-SC-LUZ-B-1767-1796/GRA-SC-LUZ-B-1767-1796_item1/P149.html
 
#3
Maria - middle of left page (image #187 1767-1796 - born September 4, 1793)
daughter of Antonio Correa de Mendonca and Maria de Jesus
I can see the information about the fregusia, etc. but after that I see the 
word defunto (deceased?) 
 
My question is - who is it saying is defunto? (deceased - or am I again, 
reading it wrong???)
 
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/GRA-SC-LUZ-B-1767-1796/GRA-SC-LUZ-B-1767-1796_item1/P187.html
 
 
Thank you.
 
Any/all help would be greatly appreciated!
 
 
 
Lee Estep in WV
 
Graciosa surnames - Mendonca, Bettencourt and Hortins (Ortins in the US)
All from Nossa Senhora da Luz (so far)
 
 
 
 
 

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to