The father's name is Simão Furtado de Mendonça filho de Balthasar ..., but
the surname is torn and missing and Domingas Furtada, both deceased,
married with Maria Pais de ...Joao de Conde Paes e sua mulher Anna Pais
todos moradores no caminho de Sul, e naturaes desta dita ilha e igreja.

Note there appears to be a difference in the name Pais and Paes. Conde, if
you don't already know is a Count, a noble, so this name is likely in some
collection. She is showing that she has a connection to the Conde name.

JR