I worked in Achadinha last night.  I got nothing in the Baptismals
1714-1718 or so.  So, I switched to the marriages.  Here is the record that
John mentioned.  The marriage for the sister of Maria do Monte:
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-ND-ACHADINHA-C-1701-1796/SMG-ND-ACHADINHA-C-1701-1796_item1/P19.html

I went from 1701-1709, I think (have to check the last page on my table).
I was surprised to find no other do Monte's or children of Bertholomeu and
Barbara.  What I did find interesting is the Cura of this church is Manoel
do Monte.  I wonder if that is where the surname came from for this
family.  I have seen children in this era who took the surname of a
Godparent rather than one of their own parents.

On a side note:  I decided to note all the marriages in the 1745-1787
range.  The records are difficult to read at times so I decided taking
simple notes on each would be better than going back for other couples
later.  So far I've done 1745-1775.  I have not seen another Miguel do
Monte.    In 1801, Miguel do Monte son of Antonio do Monte (the one from
Nordestinho) married Leonarda de Faria.  He died before 1809 as I found a
marriage for Leonarda, widow of Miguel do Monte, remarried to Matheus de
Medeiros Simas in Achada 1809.  It's good to have this information because
we can be sure that the obito I listed yesterday for Miguel do Monte who
died in 1810 is not this one who is the son of Antonio do Monte.  I think
John is right that it may be the one born in 1734.