What I did was to look through Ernesto do Canto Index for every MONTE I could 
find in Achada and Achadinha marriages (still doing Achadinha).

So far I have found:

-          Achada: Miguel do Monte to (…?...) Furtado. From another marriage I 
learned that the wemen kept the mother name Furtado. There is a marrying 
Domingas Furtado daughter of the same parents. Her mother was a Furtado. Also 
in the re-marriage of Miguel (1725) to Maria da Costa we learn that she was 
named Maria Furtado as her mother was. 

-           Achadinha: Pedro Furtado or Pedro de Araújo  to a Maria do Monte; 
the same Pedro remarying  Maria de Santo André after his first wife passed 
away); Manuel de Arruda sono f Manuel do Monte marrying Teresa de Paiva; ângela 
de Medeiros born in Porto Formoso daughter of Pedro de Araújo and Maria do 
Monte (much likely the first Pedro I mentioned)

 

Then we know the MONTE from Mais and Porto Formoso áreas and the MONTE from 
Ribeira Seca da Ribeira Grande… All these MONTE are related...

 

A remark – I have came across some MONTE that were originaly MONTEIRO. 
Sometimes the abbreviation of MONTEIRO looks like MONTE…

 

I will keep piling up them!!!

 

 

Eliseu Pacheco da Silva

Researching Açores (São Miguel and Graciosa) and Alentejo

( http://gw.geneanet.org/eliseumanuel )

 

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to