I had just gone off to find the marriage of Miguel do Monte and Maria da Costa in 1725! I did find it. A jumbly sort of mess at the bottom of this page: http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-ND-ACHADA-C-1690-1728/SMG-ND-ACHADA-C-1690-1728_item1/P125.html
I see you have more information for me. So, Maria do Monte's marriage shows that that Miguel do Monte is probably the son of Bartholomeu da Costa and Barbara de Paiva. This marriage you listed must be to Maria Furtada who died 9 Aug 1725. All I can say is he certainly was prolific. Now my job is to try to figure out if Antonio do Monte fits in this family or not. I am going to throw one wrench into the works. I found an Obito for Miguel do Monte marred to Thereza Furtado in 1810. His son, Jose Miguel Furtado, was the informant (or whatever it is referred to at the bottom of the document) I'm not sure about his age. It is either 70 or 80. There isn't much information except a margin note that a copy was made in 1812. http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-ND-ACHADA-O-1809-1845/SMG-ND-ACHADA-O-1809-1845_item1/P20.html I found Thereza's Obito in 1806. She is 70 years old. http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-ND-ACHADA-O-1781-1809/SMG-ND-ACHADA-O-1781-1809_item1/P119.html It is very possible that the son of Miguel do Monte I married a woman with a similar name because Furtado's are all over Achada. Still, it confuses matters. On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:40:47 PM UTC-7, JR wrote: > > Not my day. Of course I meant Miguel is the son of Miguel Monte and second > spouse, Maria da Costa (married Nov 5, 1725), not Teresa Furtado. So after > all these mistakes, and bopping my head a few times, I re-examined the > Canto index on Achada that Cheri Mello gave us years ago, and here is one > entry which is probably Miguel do Monte and Maria Furtada. > > Jan 17-1717, Achada > Miguel ...__ filho de Batholomeu da Costa native Achadinha e Barbara > ...__ com ...__ filha de Domingos Vaz e Maria Furtada > > When I was researching my Paiva Achada-Achadinha ancestors years ago I > also collected other marriages and guess what names came up? > > Feb 4- 1707, Maria do Monte native of Achadinha filha de Bartolomeu da > Costa and Barbara de Paiva com Pedro Furtado, filho de Manuel Carvalho e > Catarina Furtado nats of Maia. > > So Bartolomeu Costa and Barbara Paiva are the parents of Miguel do Monte. > > JR > > > > > http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fculturacores.azores.gov.pt%2Fbiblioteca_digital%2FSMG-ND-ACHADA-B-1732-1750%2FSMG-ND-ACHADA-B-1732-1750_item1%2FP21.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGXg6XbMwUvi4WKoqvT6RzjdK1ANA > > JR > > On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:09:39 PM UTC-4, JR wrote: >> >> I forgot to add link to Miguel, son of Miguel Monte and Teresa Furtada >> >> >> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-ND-ACHADA-B-1732-1750/SMG-ND-ACHADA-B-1732-1750_item1/P21.html >> >> <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fculturacores.azores.gov.pt%2Fbiblioteca_digital%2FSMG-ND-ACHADA-B-1732-1750%2FSMG-ND-ACHADA-B-1732-1750_item1%2FP21.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGXg6XbMwUvi4WKoqvT6RzjdK1ANA> >> >> On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:01:14 PM UTC-4, IslandRoutes wrote: >>> >>> I do not have Ana do Monte, so this one is new for me (despite having >>> numerous children for these people) >>> >>> On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:06:25 PM UTC-7, Eliseu Pacheco da Silva wrote: >>>> >>>> Hi! >>>> Do you have ANA DO MONTE married to Bento Pacheco Raposo, Maia >>>> 16.5.1774, as daughter of Miguel do Monte anda Maria da Costa? >>>> >>>> >>>> Eliseu Pacheco da Silva >>>> Researching Açores (São Miguel and Graciosa) and Alentejo >>>> ( http://gw.geneanet.org/eliseumanuel ) >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> -- For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

