To all,
Thanks!  But, Dan should get part of the credit.  He was the one who
noticed that I had married off Miguel do Monte, the son, to his step mother
(oops!)    I know that I am my own cousin a couple of times, but this would
be just a little too close.  LOL

JR-that gap in the Achada records is problematic.  It's possible they
married in a different village, but not having those 2-3 years to compare
to is frustrating.  I think we can safely put it somewhere around 1755.

Eliseu,
Thanks for the definition of Mancebo.  I didn't know about the definition
pertaining to eligibility for military service.  I saw it with another of
my families where the father and son were still alive.

I was curious if in your search in Cantos index if you came across the
Antonio do Monte who also had a son Miguel do Monte in Achada who started
this whole conversation?  It's interesting that they are so widespread.  I
need to look through some of the work in later years.  Besides Miguel do
Monte, the father and the son, and this Antonio do Monte, I did not come
across the surname otherwise.

And, now to confuse this whole mess.  I realized last night as I was
piecing all the families together that  Antonio dos Reis, daughter of
Miguel do Monte I and Maria da Costa, married Manoel Correia.  I would like
to verify that Antonio Correia was the son of Antonio Correia and Barbara
de Almeyda.  Is that what others have?  If so, he is the brother of my
ancestor, Estavao Correia (m. Anna de Mello)  I have some of the other
siblings of the Correia family if anyone is interested.

Mel