To all who have given information on obtaining Portuguese citizenship, many
thanks.  As expected, the requirements seem to be a bit different depending on
which consulate you are going through.  I think that is probably typical of
consulates.  Also, the requirements change depending upon how distantly you are
related to the Portuguese citizen.  Again, understandable.

Since I am a grandchild of Portuguese citizens and don’t speak a word of
Portuguese, I’m afraid citizenship is unobtainable for me.  My only reason for
wanting it, aside from pride of heritage, would be for my sons to be able to
have the EU passport and the opportunities that might/would present to them.

Anyway, thanks to all for the informative posts, Sam in NC

Sent from Windows Mail