Yea, funny thing about the Portuguese genealogy group on Facebook, I forgot I ever joined it. It says I have been a member for over a year, but I think it is much more than that. Then suddenly a couple months ago, I think, I got a message when someone posted a message. So I clicked and rediscovered it. I am seeing lots of new members every hour joining up, so the Azores group that is only a week old jumped from about 4 members to about 43 now, 39 of them are new like me.
Of course, the downside with Facebook is how to keep your privacy. I try hard to keep my face from being tagged, especially my children. But Google is no less a form of Big Brother than Facebook. Just have to use common sense.
Doug da Rocha Holmes
Pico & Terceira Genealogist
Pico & Terceira Genealogist
=============================================
Get ready for NFL Fantasy Football and join me in the newly created Azores Genealogist League. Still looking for more participants.
Write me here for more info: [email protected]
=============================================
Get ready for NFL Fantasy Football and join me in the newly created Azores Genealogist League. Still looking for more participants.
Write me here for more info: [email protected]
=============================================
---------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Portuguese Hawaiian Group on Facebook
From: IslandRoutes <[email protected]>
I'm glad that the Portuguese group is getting more active (I've been seeing post notifications for the last two weeks).
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

