Eric,

I know you’re scrupulous, but I just want to be sure about the death
identities for the following reasons:

These two deaths are a major find because it means my great grandmother,
Filomena b. 1851, cannot be their daughter, yet I have constructed my
descendants around this assumption. (Talk about shaking a big tree).

That is, they can’t be her parents since José Tomás Pimentel Carneiro died
on ? Jun 1844 and his wife Isabel de Jesus (Isabel Tomásia) died 16 Apr
1850.

Indeed, my family records have always disagreed with this parentage (plus
I’ve never been able to find Filomena’s baptism record). I had been
persuaded by other genealogical sources when I first started in 2012.

Now eliminating Jose and Isabel as Filomena’s parents fits with a revised
scenario since I’m somewhat confident that I have found Filomena’s real
parents recently.

However, I found no records in which Isabel de Jesus is listed as Isabel
Thomasia. I found three children for her as Isabel de Jesus:

Maria (Maria Isabel Carneiro Thomas)
b. 9? Nov 1833  Santa Cruz das Flores, Flores
d. 3 Oct 1927  Contra Costa County, California
http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1826-1841/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1826-1841_item1/P107.html

Manuel (Manuel T Thomas)
b. 28 Nov 1837  Santa Cruz das Flores, Flores
d. 1920  Antioch, Contra Costa, California
http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1826-1841/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1826-1841_item1/P154.html

Jose
b. 4 Jul 1841  Santa Cruz das Flores, Flores
d. unknown
http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1826-1841/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1826-1841_item1/P194.html

Many thanks,
Steve