Hi Denise,

 

Yes they are my people also. They are my 6th Great Grand Parents That would
be a bit too distant to show up on a Family Finder.  

 

We also share a match with George Mello Jr. along with my dad's double 1st
Cousin Robert Lee Carvalho. I also match Altino Demelo He is a 6th cousin,
we have identified a common ancestor of Alexander de Mederios and Luzia
Cabral.

 

Beside Joseph Dennis de Freitas, your dad are there any other tests in the
mix? The Family finders I have are Francis Richard Pimentel (my Dad), Robert
Lee Carvalho (Dad's double first cousin), Shirley Watson (Dad's first
cousin), Nina Kewley (my sister) and myself. 

 

Not all of us have the same matches because of the way our DNA is
distributed. A good example is myself and my dad's double first cousin both
match George Mello but my dad and my sister do not. This is because the
connection could be on the border line of being identified in the Family
Finder.

 

Rick

 

Richard Francis Pimentel

Epping, NH

 

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2014 11:22 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Family Tree DNA's new family trees (Gedcom)
is up

 

Hi Rick, 

 

I believe we connected through Sebastiao Machado and Isabel Resendes that
were married in Achada in 1699. I don't have access to my entire tree at
this moment, you do have this couple correct?

 

Denise D'Antona

Sent from my iPhone





On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 1:57 PM, 'Denise' via Azores Genealogy <
<mailto:[email protected]> [email protected]> wrote:

Thank you Eric for your comment.  I have my names entered a certain way - So
let's say I have José de Paiva (the de is showing up in the middle name
field for some reason) and you have the same person as Jose Paiva - then we
will not link because of the difference in his name?  That is what I am
trying to figure out.  So for me I have no need to change the names in the
edit field because I have no idea how someone else would record the name.

 

Rick and I have a known connection that we documented years ago but he is
not showing up in my list of relatives.  I'm just wondering if this could be
why.

 

Denise D'Antona

 

 

On Sep 10, 2014, at 4:40 PM, Cheri Mello < <mailto:[email protected]>
[email protected]> wrote:

 

Rick P, can you help Denise? I won't be able to until next week.
Cheri

 

 

 

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to