Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: I Share DNA with the Brana-Arintero
sample from Leon, Spain which is about 7000 years old
From: A Faria <antoniof1...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, October 04, 2014 10:47 pm
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Cc: antoniof1...@gmail.com

Very interesting Doug, was your SNP setting at 300 or at 700 which is the default.  Do any of them match the La-Brana-Arintero sample?

On Saturday, October 4, 2014 10:18:11 PM UTC-7, Doug da Rocha Holmes wrote:
For my father, he matches the Linearbandkeramik sample Kit # F999916 on three Chromosomes.
Largest segment = 2.7 cM
Total of segments > 1 cM = 6.3 cM

I also match on 3 Chr:
Largest segment = 4.7 cM
Total of segments > 1 cM = 8.7 cM

Since I have German ancestors from my mother, that probably explains why I have a larger segment and larger total than my father. But just for sure, I ran my 1st cousin on my mother's side and got a match:
Largest segment = 2.6 cM
Total of segments > 1 cM = 4.9 cM

Maybe my larger total comes from a combination from both of my parents.

So I then ran a 2nd cousin who has a large percentage of Hispanic ancestry and none of my German, but shares my Hungarian (which my 1st cousin also has):
Largest segment = 4.3 cM
Total of segments > 1 cM = 6.9 cM

My Slovak wife has no match, so it's not all Europeans carrying that DNA.
My godmother has all Italian ancestry and she is also unrelated.

One of my 1st cousins who shares all my paternal Portuguese ancestry and has the rest of his Portuguese ancestry coming from Madeira has matches on 4 Chr:
Largest segment = 3.3 cM
Total of segments > 1 cM = 11.0 cM

This cousin's sibling has less:
Largest segment = 4.2 cM