Hi João,

Thanks so much for your note and the link to your relations.  It's a
pleasure to make your (virtual) acquaintance.  I think that it's highly
likely that we share a common ancestor just beyond the available
documentation.

Here are my earliest Cedros ancestors; they all share surnames with yours:

Manoel Pimentel Nunes

   - born c. 1760, roughly estimating from a grandchild's baptismal record
   - Married to Maria da Trindade
   - daughter = Catharina Pimentel (no record; I would check her madrinha
   if I could)

Alexandre Rodrigues

   - born c. 1745, calculated from his obit
   - died 12 Dec 1815
   - married to Marianna de Jesus

Manoel Ignacio da Silveira

   - born c. 1770, assuming he was 30 when a daughter was born and the age
   on her obit was correct
   - married to Maria Ursula

Capitão João Ignacio da Mendonca

   - born c. 1755, assuming he was in his 30's when his son Ignacio was
   born and the age on Ignacio's obit was correct
   - married to Maria Roza
   - son = Ten. Ignacio Vicente de Mendonca

Caetano Pimentel de Mendonca

   - born 1770, roughly estimating from a grandchild's baptismal record
   - married to Maria dos Santos
   - daughter = Maria de Jesus dos Santos, the second wife of Ignacio
   Vicente de Mendonca


I would guess that we share a common Mendonca ancestor and perhaps one or
more of the others as well.

I noticed a strong trend in my family's Cedros records for the men to marry
when in their 30's and to marry women about 10 to 15 years younger than
themselves.  So, when estimating birth dates in Cedros, I used that as a
general assumption.
many thanks again for your note,

Linda

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to