Doug,

Basically I am most interested in  Y-DNA and mtDNA  matches  that link the 
Azores to Mainland Portugal to get clues about the movement that occurred 
during the settlement process of the Azores . Very 

little of that history is recorded and I think DNA in the future will fill 
some of those gaps.

 

On Saturday, October 18, 2014 12:58:38 PM UTC-7, Doug da Rocha Holmes wrote:
>
> Hi Antonio,
>
> Maybe you can clarify your question, but I know some have tested who have 
> both Y and autosomal DNA coming from the mainland and whose ancestor was 
> living in the Azores. But the person I'm thinking of was born in the middle 
> 1800s.
>
> Maybe you are talking about end of line ancestors from the 1500s who then 
> link to someone on the mainland and so far, for me, the answer is no.
>
> Doug da Rocha Holmes
> Sacramento, California
> Pico & Terceira Genealogist
> 916-550-1618
> www.dholmes.com
>
>
>  -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] DNA matches that link the Azores to Mainland
> Portugal
> From: A Faria <[email protected] <javascript:>>
> Date: Sat, October 18, 2014 12:07 pm
> To: [email protected] <javascript:>
>
>
> I have taken several DNA tests mtDNA, Y-DNA and myOrigins and lack matches 
> to mainland Portugal. I match one person from Lisbon through myOrigins but 
> she has a verified Pereira ancestor from Castelo Branco, 
>
> Faial born about 1700. My mtDNA(T2b-T16296C!) and Y-DNA(J-M319) 
> sub-haplogroups however are also uncommon and myOrigins really wasn't 
> designed to connect people that share a common ancestor 15-20 
>
> generations ago. 
>
> My question is does anyone on this list have significant DNA matches that 
> link the Azores to Mainland Portugal?
>  --  
>  
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to