My goal Doug is through DNA to obtain clues about the ancestral Village, 
Town or City of my ancestors prior to settling in the Azores I predict 
interest will increase in this area and there will be some format to 

share and discuss this information with others that are interested. I have 
some good clues already that indicate that my direct paternal ancestor that 
settled on Pico in the 1500's was from Porto, it is important 

that more people of Azorean ancestry test to give us more clues but we will 
get a clearer picture when more Portuguese from the Mainland test

 



On Saturday, October 18, 2014 5:33:01 PM UTC-7, Doug da Rocha Holmes wrote:
>
> Antonio,
>
> Your point is excellent.
>
> I have a cousin of a cousin by marriage (if you can follow that one!) who 
> did Y-DNA testing and has no matches from his mainland Portuguese ancestry. 
> Of course, it's no surprise. But if we are to have any chance at finding 
> family connections to mainland people, DNA is the only way. I will point 
> this out in the Portuguese Genealogy group on Facebook, where we have about 
> 250 or so members and growing (but not growing as fast as the Azores group) 
> and I think it could have some impact.
>
> Similarly, I recently was invited to join a Facebook group of people with 
> Madalena, Pico ancestry and found I am related to them all (over 100 
> members of that group) and slowly working on convincing them to test.
>
> The answer is always to get more to test, so that's what I work on.
>
> Doug da Rocha Holmes
> Sacramento, California
> Pico & Terceira Genealogist
> 916-550-1618
> www.dholmes.com
>
>
>  -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] DNA matches that link the Azores to
> Mainland Portugal
> From: A Faria <[email protected] <javascript:>>
> Date: Sat, October 18, 2014 3:54 pm
> To: [email protected] <javascript:>
>
>
> That's too bad about the Portugal DNA project, I realize that the biggest 
> chunk of FTDNA samples are from North America there is a good sized 
> Continental Portuguese community in the US  in  New Jersey, 
>
> New York . There is a lot of potential samples there. 
>  
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to