Another researcher asked me about something that I'd never seen before, so 
I thought I'd ask here.  His female ancestors was born in 1885 and migrated 
to Hawaii with her parents.  She had a tattoo on her arm which looks like w 
w and then 3 or 4 symbols.

I'm curious if anyone has seen this before with Portuguese women from that 
period?  Other than the suggestions that it was initials of some sort (the 
w definitely was...but the others look more like symbols), we can't come up 
with any specific reason for the tattoos.

I've been working with Portuguese Hawaiian genealogy for 25 years and not 
once has anyone told me their female ancestors born in the 1800s had a 
tattoo.

Any ideas if it does represent anything?
Thanks!

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to