CHERI,

You recommended to start with the family finder test.  Can the results of the
FAMILYFINDER   test be used to do a subsequent Y test?  Am trying to decide
which DNA test to start with, or do we pay for both at the same time (?).

I already know my husband's patrilineal line going back to Sebastiaom Jacome de
Resendes.  (I've gone back further than five generations on that side.). But
missing a generation or two to link in to the Mestre Antonio Curvelo line.  I
don't know if the DNA test will help.  Sorry if this is a dumb question but
don't know who to ask.

On his mother's line I have not gone back five generations because a maternal
great grandmother was a "pais incognito" so that was a dead end.

Thank you.

Maria Elena