Maria,
I think the question you are asking is: If I get Family Finder DNA testing
with ftDNA, do they use the same DNA you gave them in the first place to do
Y testing? If that is your question, the answer is yes. If you are talking
monetarily, each test price is separate unless they bundle certain tests to
get more people to participate.
I see you are interested in your husband's patrilineal line. If that is
your only interest Y testing would be the course to take.
When most of us talk about finding "cousins" it gets very complicated. We
are not just talking about finding straight patrilineal lines or straight
matrilineal lines. We are including the marriages, too. We have one mother
and father, two grandmothers and grandfathers, four great grandmothers, and
grandfathers, etc. Our DNA includes "cousins" from all of these people. If
you have an interest in finding out all of your genealogy, I would think
Family Finder would be the test you would find most useful.
I hope this helps,
Tish

sfig
Researching