Ok, here’s a brick wall I’ve been trying to crack for years. The surnames
of the maternal grandparents in this document are different than the little
information I have had on them. Here is their grandson’s baptism info —>
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-AJUDABRETANHA-B-1845-1853/SMG-PD-AJUDABRETANHA-B-1845-1853_item1/P147.html

I’m interpreting the last name of Andre as GROLIA and Maria as SENRA (I’ve
had them as GARCIA & ALVES from other sources) but I’ve never seen names
like this before. Since they appear to be from the mainland I have no
experience tracing anyone back there so I might need some help. Please tell
me if the names are correct and how I can best follow the trail next.

As always, thanks for your help!
Joanne Grota Mercier