I have an history.
Francisco Ferreira Armond went to Brazil at the begining of 1725. His wife
was godmother in 1728 and 1734 in Ilha Terceira. Later the couple had
children in Brazil, the first in 1736. Ten years without children.
At tis time, I Think the divorce didn't exist.

On Ilha Terceira, the "vox populi" said that Brazil was "the forgetting
land".Theses cases are very frequent. The husband went to Brazil to have a
"best way of life". Some went back to Terceira. Some wife joined the
husband in Brazil. Some are definitively "auzente nas portas do Brazil".

Philippe Garnier
Paris - France