Actually, as computers evolved from 32bit to 64 bit the industry had to
create programs for the 64 bit. It's the evolving technology. For awhile
there, a way existed to trick the 64 bit into pretending it was a 32 bit. I
can't remember the particulars. It was in a computer class that I took some
years ago. I'm sure that's what the Geek Squad did for you.

Achada