hi Margaret,

   I found on ancestry a NY immigration:  

   New York Passenger List, 1820-1957
  Year: 1907: Arrival, New York, New York; Microfilm 
   Serial: T715, 1897-1959; Micriofilm roll: roll 0885;
   Line 24; Page Number: 85

  Looking at the record again, I realize it has a different birth city - 
Funchal, so while the age is right, this may not be him.  But if you look 
up the page, Joao is line 28 that was the name I saw and jumped to the 
conclusion it was him.

Its interesting to know that they would name their kids the same name - I 
guess George Foreman wasn't the first to do that, then! ;}

Shirley, I do find the 14 year old Joao confusing, as there is a Virginia 
that was born in 1893 to Joao and Francisca, so unless there was a multiple 
birth or they adopted a child, he doesn't make sense.  But everything else 
matches up in terms of ages and names/parentage.

Elaine 
Elaine

On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 7:37:45 PM UTC-5, Mara wrote:
>
> Yes, and yes, it was.  Some times up to 4 and 5 Marias
>
> If you look at the 17 year old Maria, record # 52 year 1890, on the top 
> right page, 6th line down, it reads...."secunda de nome", second of the 
> name.  This confirms she is the 2nd Maria of this family thus far.
>
> Elaine, You mentioned Maria's Dad arrived in the USA same year, May 6th?  
> What documentation do you have to prove this? Francisca's passport # 675 
> states she is 52 years and a widow.
>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to