Sorry, bottom left, record # 11

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 1:00 PM, Margaret Vicente <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Thanks, Cheri.
>
> Based on this record, I think the passports record information is wrong
> and this is Elaine's family. And to prove this, here's the 20 year old
> Maria's birth record in R. Quente:
>
> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-
> PV-RIBEIRAQUENTE-B-1885-1887/SMG-PV-RIBEIRAQUENTE-B-1885-
> 1887_item1/P36.html
>
> Good job, Elaine.
>
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 12:48 PM, Cheri Mello <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Elaine's Maria Lima, #52, bottom left:
>> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PV-
>> RIBEIRAQUENTE-B-1890-1899/SMG-PV-RIBEIRAQUENTE-B-1890-1899_item1/P25.html
>>
>> Cheri Mello
>> Listowner, Azores-Gen
>> Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente,
>> Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 9:41 AM, Elaine Mello <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 8:03:54 AM UTC-5, Elaine Mello wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Hi everyone,
>>>>
>>>>    I've been going page by page from about 1904 onwards looking for my
>>>> parternal grandmather, Maria Lima.   It's been great looking at these
>>>> records for those years from Porto Delgada, because whomever was writing
>>>> the logs had the clearest handwriting I've seen so far.  I think I found
>>>> her, but they weren't listed as coming from Ribeira Quente.  I'm assuming
>>>> this is a mistake, as they just did an ellipses from the person above them
>>>> rather than to write the correct town down.
>>>>
>>>> So on line 675 here:  http://www.culturacores.azore
>>>> s.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/PASSAPORTES-PDL-1906-1907/PASSAP
>>>> ORTES-PDL-1906-1907_item1/P114.html
>>>>
>>>> I see the passport for Francisca Roza de Mello, whose parents were
>>>> Manuel de Mello Barboza and Maria Julia.
>>>> The next line down is a Maria da Lima, with her parents listed, Joao
>>>> Ignacio de Lima and Francisca Roza.
>>>>
>>>> The line after that is another Maria Lima, who would be the right age
>>>> for my grandmother, who was born in 1890.  I can't read the middle name
>>>> listed there, and now there are two Marias there.  Looking at my family
>>>> tree, Manuel had a brother Jose who also married a Francesca and their
>>>> daughter was Maria, but I thought she was the same age, and she would have
>>>> been a de Mello or Barboza, not a Lima.
>>>>
>>>> So is it possible that the first Maria was listed as my grandmother,
>>>> but would in fact be the cousin?
>>>>
>>>> And if this is the correct record, my grandmother would have had a
>>>> little brother, also named Joao?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for you assistance!
>>>>
>>>> Elaine
>>>>
>>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to [email protected].
>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>>
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Azores Genealogy" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Margaret M Vicente
>



-- 
Margaret M Vicente

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to