Thanks Margaret!  I really appreciate the knowledge you share so generously.

Joanne: regarding the date, I believe that it's best to add a qualifier
("circa", "about", "probably"-- or similar) to the date so that it's
readily apparent that it's not a recorded fact.  I would also add a note
mentioning the absence of the date on the record and the reason for
selecting the date you used.

hope that helps,

:)

Linda