Rosemarie, it is back end like Cheri said but it must serve a purpose that
an archivist like Joao may answer.  I think it is directed at Archivists
not for folks like us.  In any case if you can translate the attached link
it may give you a little more.

http://sobre.arquivo.pt/pt/ajuda/o-que-e-o-arquivo-pt/#qe-faq-2084


On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 3:23 PM, Rosemarie Capodicci <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Thanks for checking, Margaret. I really didn't get what it was about but
> Tombo Joao would know, I'm sure! It just caught my eye when I was perusing
> the other connections on the site.
>
> Rosemarie
> [email protected]
> Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, Faial and Pico, Azores,
> Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia, Sicily
>
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Margaret Vicente <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
>> That's right. I'll let Joao explain how it works.
>>
>>  If you click on the files it will tell you what to do.  Here's one I
>> clicked on for music.
>>
>> https://ia902701.us.archive.org/11/items/borboletta2014-12-
>> 11.bsc2.sbd.flac24/borboletta2014-12-11set1t02.flac
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Cheri Mello <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't understand it, but to me, I don't think it means records. Most
>>> of the Internet Archive (and the Wayback Machine) is a web crawler.
>>>
>>> Cheri Mello
>>> Listowner, Azores-Gen
>>> Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira
>>> Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada
>>>
>>> On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 11:39 AM, Margaret Vicente <
>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Yes, Joao may explain it better but what I'm looking at is a web
>>>> crawler that checks for file changes on targeted web content.  When the
>>>> crawler finds changes it captures the incremental changes creating a file
>>>> that is download-able but not view-able. It is used by search engines to
>>>> keep abreast with internet info changes.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 1:48 PM, Cheri Mello <[email protected]>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> You mean this?
>>>>> https://archive.org/details/portuguese-web-archive
>>>>>
>>>>> That's the Internet Archive that houses the Wayback Machine. What I'm
>>>>> reading on the https://archive.org/details/portuguese-web-archive URL
>>>>> is technical gobbly-gook. Maybe João of Tombo.pt can explain more. Sounds
>>>>> like it's right up his technical alley!
>>>>>
>>>>> Cheri Mello
>>>>> Listowner, Azores-Gen
>>>>> Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira
>>>>> Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada
>>>>>
>>>>> On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Rosemarie Capodicci <
>>>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> I took the link to just Archive.org and there are Portuguese websites
>>>>>> listed! Under Archivo.pt there are links. I couldn't get them to open for
>>>>>> some reason and I imagine that they are all in Portuguese but they are
>>>>>> there! Maybe someone who reads Portuguese would take a look and let us 
>>>>>> know
>>>>>> what it's about?? Could be another resource for us all.
>>>>>> Rosemarie
>>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>>> Researching Sao Jorge, Terceira, Graciosa, Faial and Pico, Azores,
>>>>>> Isola delle Femmine, Sant' Elia, Sicily
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>>>> Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>>>>>> send an email to [email protected].
>>>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>>> Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>>>> an email to [email protected].
>>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Margaret M Vicente
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>> Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>>> an email to [email protected].
>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to [email protected].
>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Margaret M Vicente
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Azores Genealogy" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>



-- 
Margaret M Vicente

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to