From: <azores@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Richard Francis Pimentel
<rfrancispimen...@comcast.net>
Date: Friday, April 27, 2018 at 7:43 AM
To: <Azores@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Golden State Killer Caught with DNA

I read this article this morning and found it most interesting on the capture
of the Golden State Killer. This was a Cold Case file that was solved with DNA.

The article raises many concerns about privacy and how law enforcement used GED
Match to solve this case.  For years law enforcement has used finger prints to
identify persons and we have accepted this as no invasion of our privacy. If
you consider that DNA is just another finger print then I have no problem with
it being used by law enforcement.

I am happy they caught this person and he will be brought to justice.

The article also tells how DNA was used to identify a Jane Doe that was
murdered in 1981.

You can read the article here.
http://thednageek.com/genealogy-and-the-golden-state-killer/

Rick

Richard Francis Pimentel

Epping, NH

Researching, Riberia Grande, Riberinha, Achada Grande,  Bretanha, and Ponta
Delgada,  Sao Miguel, Acores