need to know the church as they have a few.

Once you get the 3 piece of information (name, date, and place -village
and/or church), you can pay Joao Ventura to retrieve the record for you. He
takes PayPal. His email is heroi99 at yahoo.com

After that, we can show you the format that the records follow for the 3
time periods. It's on the Azores GenWeb here:
http://www.worldgenweb.org/azrwgw/research-aids-a---l/finding-your-portuguese/finding-your-portuguese-9/

And if you learn better in person than reading and figuring it out on your
own, you are in luck. We are having a Portuguese Genealogy Conference in
June in Salt Lake City. That information is here:
http://www.worldgenweb.org/azrwgw/2019slcazoresconfv12.pdf

Good luck,
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada