Hi guys,
Just remember that Roballo or robalo as it is spelt now is the name of a fish,
sea bass in English.
One of my mother’s best friends  married name was “Sardinha” (Sardine).
As in English we have surnames such as Salmon and Sturgeon.
Hope this helps,
Marcos

Sent from my iPhone

On 8 May 2019, at 03:17, Cheri Mello
<gfsche...@gmail.com<mailto:gfsche...@gmail.com>> wrote:

>From Portuguese Immigrants to Hawaii compiled by Edgar C. Knowlton, Jr, page
>375:

Vardasca, José Rebello, age 40, Monarch '93, Sao Miguel
Maria de Jesus, 38 wife
Children: Manoel 9, José 3; Francisco 1/2

NOTE: The "a" is typed on the end of Vardasca. That's not my typo. And it's
typed as Rebello, so again, not my typo. And it says Monarch 1893, so not my
typo again.

NOTE 2: The Monarch sailed from Sao Miguel on 29 March 1882 (NOT 1892) arriving
in June. Those dates are from the Bob De Mello book and have been crossed out
and written over, as there's errors there too.

There's nothing on this Vardasco/a family in the Bob De Mello book.

The Vardasca/o family from the Knowlton book doesn't entirely fit with the ages
in the previous message. You need to decide if it's the right family or not.

Mel's description of the voyage that she posted on Your Island Routes:
http://www.yourislandroutes.com/ships/monarch.shtml
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 3:58 PM 'herb' via Azores Genealogy