Hi Stuart - there's nothing stopping you from setting this up :-) The
iPlayer team are working on a proper API though, no idea when it'll be
release though sorry.

On 26/1/08 14:00, "Stuart Langridge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've seen some people writing about how to extract the URL for the
> back-end RTMP stream from iPlayer pages, and how to get the programme
> ID and so forth from the in-page JavaScript, and I've seen references
> to the idea of an "iPlayer API", but I've not seen anything more than
> that. It looks like it might be (at least theoretically) possible to
> put together such an API, i.e., so that I could pull out a list of
> programmes currently showing in the iPlayer, and construct links for
> each that would link to a page showing them (or to the underlying rtmp
> stream). Has no-one done this because it's not currently possible
> (owing to something I've missed) or because that's not allowed, or for
> some other reason, or is it just that no-one's got around to doing it
> yet? I'd love to write an iPlayer plugin for my media player (Elisa)
> which allows me to browse through and play current iPlayer-available
> programmes through the media player's interface (using the Flash
> version of iPlayer). Am I prohibited from doing so?
>
> sil

_______________________
Matthew Cashmore
Development Producer

BBC Future Media & Technology, Research and Innovation
BC4A5, Broadcast Centre, Media Village, W12 7TP

T:            020 8008 3959            (02  83959)
M:            07711 913241            (072 83959)

-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk developer discussion group.  To unsubscribe,
please send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with  unsubscribe backstage-developer
[your email] as the message.