Brian,

I am not disconnecting at the adsl level, merely closing iPlayer.
however it is the case that this is part of a wireless network.
however why would that have an effect?

cheers

~:"

Jonathan Chetwynd

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.openicon.org/

+44 (0) 20 7978 1764

On 13 May 2008, at 15:43, Brian Butterworth wrote:

Another option is if you are using wireless it is that address that is being reallocated if you disconnect.

BT's boxes do not usually change IP unless you disconnect and reconnect at the ADSL level. If this is happening a lot and turning the box off for a few minutes doesn't resolve the problem, get BT to swap your ADSL box.