On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Jem Stone wrote:
I've just blogged some news just in about work that Matt and Ben have been doing for us opening up the BBC's programme archive which Tom alluded to his mail to the list last week. http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/news/archives/2005/10/programme_archi.html
That sounds great! The prototype screen shots on Ben's website look good as well (although I have to question whether John Peel may have appeared in slightly more than 2 "Home Truths" programmes between 1993 and 2005, what with him presenting it most of the time and all! :-) ).
Just out of interest, will the data contain any tagging that links up with the metadata in the TV-Anytime format listings? It would be handy if they did share classifications so that you could, for example, be looking at a TV-Anytime derived listings web site, find a programme you like the look of (or have just watched/listened to) and then use that as a jump off point to drill down into the archive's database, following genres, actors, etc.
Looking good though - I think I'm going to like the next few years of BBC digital output! :-)
Jim'll - Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe, please visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html. Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

