From: "Adam Leach" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2005 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: [backstage] iMP issue

> This is a bigger problem as iMP is using standard Microsoft WMA DRM
> files.  As this is widely used, there are more people interested in
> bypassing the DRM system, and so eventually it will always be bypassed,
> plus its created by Microsoft.
>
> Other codecs are less widely used and known about, so in theory should
> be more secure.  With the BBC providing the shows for free, there is
> less of a reason to crack the codecs, although someone is always going
> to try it.
>
> Adam
>
> vijay chopra wrote:
>
> > Shame; even thought I hate DRM, I know that PHBs love it, and if they
> > cant work it, it means the Beeb might scram iMP :(
> >
> > On 13/11/05, *Dave Whitehead* < [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
> >
> >     Seems BBC may have a problem with the iMP trial, apparently it's
> >     possible to get round the DRM thus taking away the watch within
> >     7days restriction
> >
> >     source - http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.tech.digital-tv
> >     <http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.tech.digital-tv>
> >

> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please
Unofficial list archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk/

-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.  Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk/