On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:06:34 +0000
Richard Lockwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1.  Don't even *think* about telling me what I should and shouldn't support

this is not about you its about what is a good codec to use for the BBC's IMP
system , a system that is supposed to be platform agnostic . Anything from
microsoft is out from the start as it is not platform agnostic. simple logic.

> 2 & 3

error these questions are unworthy of response.

> Try looking at products produced by a company as individual pieces of
> software/programmes (as opposed to programs)/initiatives, and taking
> each on its own merits.  You never know, you might broaden your mind a
> little.

you can't take them on their merits when they are designed and implimented
as a cohesive mesh of interlocking non-standards .

Toodle-pip
Amias