Time for my 2 p - been monitoring this list since it started - has
noone suggested that the Beeb use their extraordinary visibility &
'customer base' to emulate Google on a paid ad basis?

Example might be a Beeb player or toolbar or both that returned
viewing, lisening, browsing information to a central distributed DB &
served relevant ads .... I reckon the BBC could give Google a run for
their money if they really did it properly.

Of course there are huge political & economic issues, but I would go
for it as the technical infrastructure is already practically in
place.

I'm just surprised that nonone on this list seems to have considered
what a workable business model could be?

My 2 cents - and I'm also looking for a cutting-edge AJAX developer
for a major Tibetan Buddhist Art Resource with funding - mail me
offlist only please.

Best Regards,
Nico Morrison
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On 11/22/05, Amias Channer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:06:34 +0000
> Richard Lockwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > 1.  Don't even *think* about telling me what I should and shouldn't support
>
> this is not about you its about what is a good codec to use for the BBC's IMP
> system , a system that is supposed to be platform agnostic . Anything from
> microsoft is out from the start as it is not platform agnostic. simple logic.
>
> > 2 & 3
>
> error these questions are unworthy of response.
>
> > Try looking at products produced by a company as individual pieces of
> > software/programmes (as opposed to programs)/initiatives, and taking
> > each on its own merits.  You never know, you might broaden your mind a
> > little.
>
> you can't take them on their merits when they are designed and implimented
> as a cohesive mesh of interlocking non-standards .
>
> Toodle-pip
> Amias
>
> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please
> Unofficial list archive:

Regards,
Nico Morrison
[EMAIL PROTECTED]