Barry Hunter wrote:
[I sent this yesterday, but not from the address subscribed to the list :( ]

On 17/11/06, Dave Cross  wrote:

Quoting Peter Bowyer
> On 16/11/06, Dave Cross wrote:
>> <<SNIP>>
>>

>> Or, failing that, what other tools do people use to convert postcodes
>> to lat/long? It seems to me that the Google Maps GeoCoder object doesn't
>> understand UK postcodes.
>
> www.nearby.org.uk does brazillions of coordinate conversions and has
> REST and SOAP APIs at http://www.nearby.org.uk/api/convert-help.php

Oooh. That looks very useful. Thanks.

Who needs the BBC :)

The problem is that I (as in nearby.org.uk ) am unable to offer full
resolution postcodes, only offering sector postcodes, which aren't very
accurate.

Yeah, but I already had full postcodes that I wanted to convert to lat/long. And your service did the job nicely. Thanks for providing it.

Dave...