On 28/02/07, Scot McSweeney-Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

 Jason Cartwright wrote:

> Slashdot has put content on a public network, it serves me what I
request, there is no obligation on me to request it all.

The deal your informally entering into with Slashdot is that in order to
pay for your request taking up thier resources you are served an advert. If
you don't like this 'deal' then you shouldn't request the content.

Slashdot probably isn't the best example - I think they expect a lot of ad
blocking (considering who there audience is) and so their business model
probably takes that more into account than other sites might (which is why
you can subscribe to slashdot and get a few perks besides not seeing ads).

Scot

As a final note, as a result of this conversation, I decided to check out
the subscription price at slashdot, at $5 (£2.62) I ended up buying one...
decide for yourself what that says about me.

Vijay.