Does the BBC ever outsource small coding jobs to freelancers, or any
other work which comes in discrete packages such as translating,
graphic design, copywriting etc?

If so I'd like to introduce PajamaNation - a global marketplace for
microjobs at http://pajamanation.co.uk

Freelancers are also welcome to register free of charge for 3 months.