On 18 Apr 2007, at 20:03, James Cox wrote:


On 18 Apr 2007, at 19:34, Tom Loosemore wrote:

it'll be delivered via the internet... using that funny HTML stuff

(streamed in Real/WM I expect, cos that'll make it easier to set up - it is a trial after all...).

The actual site itself is very nice, IMHO (not that I had anything to do with it!)



Shame. I love the idea of digging into blackadder and jeeves and wooster and all the other comedy greats -- but getting them in a format that is at least somewhat representative of their quality. Sucks that I'd have to stream it.... certainly encoding into divx or mpg would show some understanding of the marketspace.

I'm not sure what you mean when you suggest encoding as divx or mpg would show an understanding of the marketplace. It is unfortunately not quite so simple.

This is a limited, fixed length trial that will hopefully lead to a Public Value Test. Surely then it makes sense to make use of the BBC's existing Real/WM infrastructure to deliver the content?

Cheers
Jonathan

Disclaimer: I work at the BBC but not on the Archive Trial. I do however work in a related area and have had limited access to a pre- trial version of the site. I really like what I've seen so far and would encourage anyone who is thinking about it to sign up for the trial before it fills up. My views are of course my own and not necessarily those of my employer.
-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please 
visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.  
Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

Reply via email to