Hey Richard,

The language on the site is a bit formal, I know, but really it's with the best of motives. We want to make sure that people who can build and make things will be able to come and that they won't be squeezed out by a bunch of people looking to boost their Linked In profiles.

I think Matt and Ian will be posting more here shortly about the day, and there's more information on my site and the Yahoo Developer Network site in the meantime.

Tom Coates
http://www.plasticbag.org/