Cocoon is awesome but very much ahead of its time

Squiggle . wrote:
There's such a thing as an XSL developer?
I've been scouring the Internet trying to find a job that would let me do that, but it seems nobody wants to give me money just on the basis that I adore Apache Cocoon.

On 4/19/07, *Ian Forrester* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    I think there will be a small but deadly group of XSL developers
    working together on some killer web applications.

    Ian Forrester
    Senior Producer, BBC Backstage
    BC4 B4, Media Village, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7RJ

    email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    phone: 02080083965

        *From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>] *On Behalf Of *James Cox
        *Sent:* 19 April 2007 16:23

        *To:* [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
        *Subject:* Re: [backstage] Hack day in London

        I'd love to see some cool stuff hacked with as/apollo/flex/etc.

        a sneaking suspicion tells me that we have all the components
        to step away from the constrictions of the browser
        (specifically, dealing with IE) and instead run platforms
        which are just that little bit easier....

        i was initially thinking a flickr app which used voice
        activated commands to browse tags etc... you'd have a big
        screen which you spoke to, and from v.a. > an apollo app >
flickr api interaction....
        shame i can't find good quality voice activation. :)

         - james

        On 19 Apr 2007, at 16:02, cisnky wrote:

        Actionscript ?

        On 4/19/07, *Ben Hall* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

            Sounds like a great event.  Can any language/technology
            be used? RoR, Java, C#?

            Is all the hacking done on the weekend? Or do people do
            prep before hand?

            When do we find out if we have been accept/invited?

            Ben

            On 19/04/07, James Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
            <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
            > Kim -
            >
            > sure thing! the beauty of hack days is to make stuff -
            linking tech with
            > electronics and you know, sewing. :)
            >
            > besides, i've got a stack of shirts..... ;p
            >
            > - james
            >
            >
            > On 19 Apr 2007, at 15:13, Kim Plowright wrote:
            >
            > Well - I ruled myself out of the running for this as
            frankly, I'm great at
            > drawing, cooking, sewing and making stuff (among other
            ladylike pursuits),
            > but rubbish at coding and electrickery.
            >
            > Tom C left a comment suggesting I find a group of people
            to team up with.
            >
            > So if anyone wants a hack-team-mother-figure, let me know!
            > ________________________________
            > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            > [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>] On Behalf Of Tim
            > Cowlishaw
            > Sent: 19 April 2007 13:22
            > To: [email protected]
            <mailto:[email protected]>
            > Subject: Re: [backstage] Hack day in London
            >
            > On 4/19/07, oliver wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
            <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
            > > I've signed up, but know whos - am I l33t geek enough
            :) ?
            >
            >
            > ha! my thoughts exactly.... are design-y CSS / HTML
            -type people welcome at
            > these sort of events? If not, I'll have to finish
            working my way through
            > 'Thinking in Java' by June... or just learn RoR. ;-)
            >
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Tim
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > --
            >
            >
            > James Cox,
            > Internet Consultant
            > t: 07968 349990  e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> w: http://www.imajes.info/
            >
            >
            -
            Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk
            <http://backstage.bbc.co.uk> discussion group.  To
            unsubscribe, please visit
            http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html
            <http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html>.  
Unofficial
            list archive:
            http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/



        --

*James Cox, * Internet Consultant
        t: 07968 349990  e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> w: http://www.imajes.info /




-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please 
visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.  
Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

Reply via email to