On 15/06/07, Richard Lockwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You've obviously not read the numerous posts explaining in some detail
why it *isn't* currently feasible

Must have missed that one. Can you show in detail the point at which
it says you MUST use MICROSOFT DRM? I would really like to know so I
can email my MEP about this matter. In case they want to add the "BBC"
as an accessory to whatever they are prosecuting Microsoft for today.

Or is it not in fact true that the rights holders would be happy with any DRM?

If you care to not believe that, and instead to
believe that the BBC and its employees on this list are actively lying
to you then fine

They have done it before! if you lie to me in official communications
(and the BBC has) then I am less likely to trust you.

Oh and I know they have lied to me because in one message I was told
they couldn't do something because "an agreement existed", when I made
an FOI request I was told no such agreement existed.

If that's not lying how else do you explain that paradox?

My favourite one is them telling me something that was free (and that
the BBC had used for free) would cost too much.
And particularly common is the BBC's ridiculous claim that something
would cause them to have to increase the license fee. The BBC doesn't
have that power does it?

Face it certain members of the BBC will lie to hide data they are
ashamed of. It's just a pity they give the honest and hard working
members of the team a bad name.

there's nothing anyone can say that will change
your mind

Publish these contracts or agreements.
It's all well and good saying "it's the license holders, honest it is"
and then not presenting any evidence they are requiring anything.

Once it can be shown it really is the license holders fault, and we
can see it's their fault we can focus on them a bit. But simple
yelling "rights holders" and backing it up with nothing ain't going to
work.

Andy

--
SELECT * FROM remarks WHERE witty=1 LIMIT 1