>From /.

An anonymous reader writes "The future of iPlayer, the BBC's new
online on-demand system for delivering content, is continuing to look
bleaker. With ISPs threatening to throttle the content delivered
through the iPlayer, consumers petitioning the UK government and the
BBC to drop the DRM and Microsoft-only technology, and threatened
legal action from the OSC, the last thing the BBC wanted to see today
was street protests at their office and at the BBC Media Complex
accompanied by a report issued by DefectiveByDesign about their
association with Microsoft."

Elsewhere in the news, more than 100,000 iPlayer sign-ups in a week ;-)

/. is surely the Fox News of the tech world, no?