Wasn't exactly what I was asking but there you go. I actually asked if Matt had noticed a natural cycle of communities starting, dying, reviving, peaking, dying... It was also in challenge to Matt saying he'd never seen a community die earlier in the talk. I'm not a keen metafilter person so prefered to hear what Derek Powazek had to say later to the same question. Because in his book "design for communities" he talks about this cycle in the last chapter as natural - http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Jhvfh6thHS8C#reviews_anchor

I'm surprised Bobbie hasn't said anything about my blog post yet, I know he's aware of it ;)

Cheers

Ian

Brian Butterworth wrote:
"Ian Forrester from BBC Backstage asks how dying communities can revive themselves. (Wonder why?) " http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technology/2007/10/03/future_of_web_apps_metafiltercom.html Brian Butterworth
www.ukfree.tv <http://www.ukfree.tv>