In a similar vein to Tom Coates post a long time ago. Someone who loves the BBC but also hates some of the decisions it makes. Had me up most of the night.

I can't help but feel I saw the evidence of this at dconstruct07. Of all the sponsors I talked to, I think the BBC were the only one without anything to push. I spoke to Adobe people about AIR; Magdex people who were sniffing for new talent; Yahoo people who were demoing the Flickr API...

The BBC were giving away t-shirts and, um, that was about it. Oh, and key lanyards too*.

I don't mean to sound snide, but I'd struggle to point to a single online project where I could say "there, the BBC are leading the way.".

At the risk of showing my ignorance; perhaps a web section of the BBC should be split off with a different mandate.

* Auntie also paid for the bar afterwards, I think. ;-)

Gavin Montague
Web Development & Design

http://www.leftbrained.co.uk
07940705445
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Leftbrained is a limited company registered in Edinburgh.
Registered number: SC324218.

Registered office: 3.1 17 Nairn St, Glasgow, G3 8SE.