On 30/10/2007, Andrew Bowden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  >However it's nowhere near as simple as just copying the files and
> burning them to DVD

 >My point?  it's not always as easy to take an off air broadcast and put it
> online.

I see you've never tried Myth TV, my box is in the process of being built,
the only thing stopping me is cash for my ridiculesly over-specced box; not
difficulty. Plucking signals straight out of the air and onto a hard drive
isn't hard with multiple DVB-T & DVB-S cards. Hardware prices are only
coming down, and building a box with 2 * 500GB drives 6 DVB-T and one DVB-S
tuners (with room for expansion) etc. won't be as expensive or difficult in
a couple of years.

>Yes.  but it's a different kind, and can you really blame the man for not
wanting to call it DRM?  just look how >many posts on t'internet it results
in ;)

Not calling it DRM is misleading at best. Imagine the Daily Mail headline
(assuming there's anyone at the daily mail who understands anything more
than the words: house, prices & immigration): "BBC online chief caught
lying!"