On Tuesday 30 October 2007 13:04, Tom Loosemore wrote:
> I've commissioned several generations of such multi-channel DVB -> Web
> systems both inside and outside the BBC.

http://kamaelia.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/kamaelia/trunk/Code/Python/Kamaelia/Examples/DVB_Systems/Macro.py?view=markup

(Use/adaptation of the above code is of course fine for timeshifting purposes
only. :-) )

Combine that with Kamaelia's (already existing) bit torrent components and
you have 2/3rd of the core of a cross platform iPlayer (Or more).

Add in a DRM mechanism, and that's the final (core) third. In practice that
boils down to a secure enough timestamp, decrypt, decode, display & key
authentication component. That *does* require a binary thunk though.
(otherwise you get the option that VLC has for DVD's which includes the
option to stream back out an unprotected data stream)

Michael.
--
(Noting that both Ian & Matt saw an internal presentation earlier in the year
 where I suggested work on this... :-)